2.8.10

Chipotle Hummus

In May my mom gave me a hand-me-down food processor as part of my birthday present. Not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I greatfully accepted the gift and was excited to try out all of the recipes I had been avoiding due to not having a food processor. The first thing I tried was hummus. Since then I have tried nearly every single hummus recipe in all of my cookbooks. I have never been one to cook without a recipe, but I'm now proud to say I am comfortable enough with making hummus that I have been making it without a recipe. My latest experiment is Chipotle Hummus. I've nailed down a recipe for it - made by me! Please try it out and let me know how it turns out. Feel free to add more or less of the ingredients to taste. :) Homemade hummus is sooo much better than anything you can buy from the store and if you make it regularly and stock the required ingredients, it's also far more economical!

Chipotle Hummus
Recipe by Erin Reimer

Ingredients:

Combine the following ingredients in a food processor:


  • 1 can chickpeas
  • 3-5 tbsp lime juice
  • 3-5 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp coarse salt
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 2 chipotle peppers
  • 3 tbsp adobo sauce

Whirl in food processor until smooth, adding more olive oil as needed to produce a nice smooth hummus. For a lower fat option add more water instead of olive oil as machine is running.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment