26.8.10

Summer Salad

I've been absent from the blogging world for a few days because I've been away with my hubby! We went on a little trip for our 3rd anniversary to the Oregon Coast. It was beautiful! Now back to reality.


I thought I would share with you a summery salad today. If you're dreading falls approach, make this salad - you'll definitely feel summery when you eat it! The salad is also very simple and great to make on a work night. You could even add some grilled chicken or fish and you would have a complete meal!





Ingredients:

  • Mixed greens
  • goat cheese, crumbled
  • toasted pecans (I tossed mine with some cayenne pepper, brown sugar and olive oil after I toasted them)
  • croutons
  • blueberries
  • balsamic vinaigrette

For the vinaigrette:

Mix together 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar or lemon juice, 1 small clove garlic, minced, 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper in a glass jar, blender or food processor. Shake, blend or whirl until smooth. Drizzle over your salad and enjoy!

Try this vinaigrette tonight on your salad! Its delicious and only takes a couple minutes to make. Enjoy!



Blueberry on FoodistaBlueberry

2 comments:

  1. This looks good, I like how you added blueberries :)I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alisa! I added the widget to my post. :)

    ReplyDelete