- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil (you think Pizza Hut puts that little oil in their dough? think again - try about 2 cups of oil per pizza + toppings!!!)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- cornmeal for dusting
- pizza stone is optional, but not required
- Place the flour, yeast and salt in the food processor and whirl briefly. Combine the olive oil, warm water, and sugar. With the machine running, slowly add the liquid, until the dough comes together in a ball. You can add up to 1/4 cup more warm water if you need - the dough should be smooth but soft.
- Set dough aside in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap while you whip up the sauce and prep the toppings.
- Preheat the oven to 500F.
- Divide dough in two and roll out each piece of dough to fit on your baking sheet. Top liberally with pizza sauce and desired toppings. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until the bottoms of the pizzas are golden and crisp and the cheese is melted.
- Let pizza stand on cutting board for two minutes prior to cutting (if you can bear to wait that long!!!)
*note this amount of dough makes enough for two rectangular thin crust pizzas.
*Topping ideas: I did two pizzas - one had mexican salami, capacolla, mozzarella cheese, and roasted red pepper. The other had sauteed garlic mushrooms, roasted garlic pieces, goat cheese and roasted red pepper.Happy Cooking my Friends!