Very Vanilla Icing
Recipe adapted from Anna Olson's cookbook Fresh
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups icing sugar, sifted
- seeds from one vanilla bean
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Using a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy and smooth. On low speed, add the icing sugar, 1 cup at a time until blended. Beat in the vanilla bean seeds and the vanilla extract. Add the milk one 1 tbsp at a time until the desired consistency is achieved. Colour the icing as desired. Ice cupcakes liberally wth icing.
I hope you enjoy this icing a lot! Tint it with an Easter hue and serve it to your guests this weekend (not by its self, though you will be tempted... please put it on some cupcakes!!).
Happy Baking my Friends!