I made these squares (along with the cupcakes in my last post) for my "treat day" at work. Treat day happens every Thursday in my office and staff members below manager level are required to bring in goodies for everyone. As this day is much anticipated each week, its important to have super yummy goodies for everyone to choose from. I added these Chocolate Almond Toffee Bars to the mix on my last treat day and my co-workers were really excited. I was repeatedly asked for the recipe and there were none left by lunch time.
To top off the great taste of these bars, they're so easy. You can literally whip them up in under 10 minutes (put them together while your oven preheats) and then throw them in the oven for half an hour. Check out the recipe below to see how easy these bars really are! The biggest challenge in making this dish is waiting for the bars to chill enough to slice them into nice squares!! :)
Chocolate Almond Toffee Bars
Recipe from In the Kitchen with Anna by Anna Olson
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup skor toffee bits
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 can (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper so that the paper hangs over the sides of the pan.
- Stir the oats, graham cracker crumbs and salt in a bowl to combine, then stir in the melted butter. Pres the crumbly oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle skor bits evenly on top, followed by chocolate chips and sliced almonds. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over pan (it will sink in as it bakes) and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the edges are bubbling. Cool to room temperature in the pan, then chill for at least 4 hours before slicing into bars.
- Store toffee bars in the refrigerator for up to one week. Makes about 25 squares.
Happy Easter to all of you & Happy Baking my Friends!