1.9.11

Restaurant Review: Lamplighter Gallery Cafe, Fort Langley BC

My sister & I did a day trip to Fort Langley, BC the other day - we browsed through some of the cool little boutique stores, checked out the farmers market, and went for lunch at the Lamplighter Gallery Cafe. The Lamplighter Gallery Cafe is a quaint little lunch place that makes some delicious sandwiches, soups and other dishes. All of the food was really reasonably priced too!! If you're out in Fort Langley any time soon, do give this place a try.

 I ordered the Fort Langley sandwich with smoked salmon and halibut chowder for lunch. The Fort Langley sandwich is made with free range organic chicken salad and roasted garlic cranberry mayo. The sandwich was absolutely delightful with the roasted garlic-cranberry mayo adding such depth of flavour to an otherwise classic chicken salad sandwich. The chowder was slightly under-seasoned, but the other flavours were there, so once I seasoned it with salt, it was great!

 My sister ordered the Kamloops sandwich with the soup of the day. The Kamloops sandwich is made with tomato, boccocini and griddled zucchini. My sister loved the sandwich and the soup. We really enjoyed the quaintness of the cafe and the service was really personal and attentive.

I would give this restaurant a 4/5 overall. If you do get a chance to try it out, let me know how you like it!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment