And it was delish!! What a great recipe - I would definitely make it again, but not before I try out some other recipes from Julia's blog. It was so hard not to join as a follower this month and give myself away! Thanks Julia for posting such amazing recipes and thanks to Amanda & co. at the SRC for hosting this awesome group each month.
On to the recipe!
Mushroom & Goat Cheese Bread Pudding
Minimally adapted from Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body
- 1 1/2 cups stale bread slices, cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh herbs (I used rosemary and chives)
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- salt and pepper
- proscuitto and additional goat cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg, milk, garlic, fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Add bread cubes, mushrooms and goat cheese to egg mixture. Stir gently just to incorporate. Pour into two ramekins and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pan fry a couple slices of proscuitto in a pre-heated skillet until crispy. Crumble and reserve for later.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until pudding puffs up and custard is set. Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving. Sprinkle with crumbled crispy proscuitto and additional goat cheese.
And thats that! Be prepared to see more recipes from Julia's blog because everything she makes sounds to die for. If you want to learn more about the SRC or join, you can check out the SRC website here.