I, unlike my mother, love to entertain people - I love to cook and bake for friends and family. I don't know where I get it from, but it is one of my favorite things to do. When I entertain I always like to have a little something out for people to nibble on when they arrive to keep them satisfied until dinner is ready. Bocconcini Tied with Proscuitto serves that purpose very well!
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 heaping tbsp dried red chili flakes
- 1 strip of orange peel
- 12 baby bocconcini
- 6 strips proscuitto
- fresh rosemary and thme sprigs, for garnish
- Combine the oil, thyme, rosemary, chili flakes, and orange peel in a small bowl or jar. Set aside and let sit for at least one hour to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Wrap each bocconcini in a strip of proscuitto and use a toothpick to secure. Drizzle the bocconcini with the infused chili oil and garnish with fresh rosemary and thyme.
Oh, I think I forgot to mention how quick and easy this recipe is! It is perfect for when you're already busy as a bee in the kitchen and the last thing you feel like making is a labour intense starter for your guests. So, instead of instinctively putting out a bowl of chips, put these yummy bites out for your guests. Your guests will appreciate them and you will feel far better knowing you made them yourself!
Happy Cooking my Friends!