- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, plus extra for brushing
- 4 bartlett or bosc pears
- vanilla yogurt and honey for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Toss the oats, brown sugar, almonds and cinnamon to combine. Stir in melted butter until everything is roughly combined.
- Cut the pears in half (don't peel them) and scoop out their cores. Lay the pear halves in a baking dish and brush their tops with more melted butter. Press some oat filling into the center of each pear. Bake, uncovered for 25 minutes, until pears are tender and the oat filling is lightly browned.
- Serve warm, drizzled with honey and a dallop of vanilla yogurt on the side.
I hope you enjoy this simple and delicious recipe. I know I definitely did! Once again - Happy Thanksgiving to all of you Canadians out there. I had a wonderful weekend spent with friends and family. Back to reality tomorrow!
Happy Baking my Friends!