16.2.12

Guest Post: Monster Burgers, the Man Way


Happy Thursday folks! Today is a special day - I've got a guest blogger filling in for me and he's a really special guy. My hubby asked if he could do a guest post on my blog, so of course I took him up on the offer. :) So today, you'll get a touch of manly along with some great food. Without further delay, I'll turn it over to my hubby Scott.

Erin was away this past weekend and so I was forced to fend for myself. Now man cannot live on takeout alone, so I decided to make at least one meal for myself. It was an easy decision what to make because I’m a man who likes his meat. So it’s only fitting I would make a big man sized burger. These are great for a summer BBQ or a case of the meat shakes.

1 lb Beef Patties - Man sized :)
What you will need:
  • 1 ½ lbs ground beef
  • Small yellow onion diced (you may want less in your burgers)
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
  • Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
  • Big Buns of your choice
  • Montreal Steak Spice
  • BBQ sauce
  • Olive Oil to drizzle
  • 5 medium sized yellow fleshed potatoes
  • 1 lb Bacon
  • Lettuce
  • Red onion, sliced
  • Condiments of your wildest burger desires. Eg. Cheese, mayo, mustard etc.
Potatoes - tossed in olive oil, seasoned and ready to go in the oven

Bacony goodness crisping up to go on the burgers
Making the Magic Happen:
  1. Mix the beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce in a large bowl. Add a dash of  steak spice and lots of pepper. Now as I mentioned, I like meat so all that beef made three patties (1 lb patties), but you could reasonably make 6- 8 patties out of all this meat if you're not the meat lovin' type.
  2. Fire up the oven to 400F. While the oven is firing up, make your bacon. I like crispy bacon. A lot. Bacon!
  3. While the bacon is crisping, slice potatoes into 1/8 - 1/4 inch slices and toss with olive oil in bowl. Season with steak spice. 
  4. Lay out potato slices on cookie sheet and bake. I like mine crispy so they stayed in for as long as it took to prep and make burgers, flipping once in between. About 25-30 min.
  5. Oh yeah. Now its time to cook those burgers! I slathered some BBQ sauce on them as I flipped. Cook til done in the middle.
  6. Slice some fresh Tillamook Sharp Cheddar and melt it on to the patties. as they're finishing on the grill. While the cheese is melting toast the buns on the bbq.
  7. Finally assemble the little masterpieces as desired. I garnished mine with lettuce and sliced red onions and of course more bacon. Serve with a pile of potatoe rounds. 
Little old grill, but it does the trick
 Burger patties are based on a recipe from Erin's Chef at Home Cookbook by Chef Michael Smith and the potato rounds are right outta my head. Hows that for fending for myself?

 
  

Thanks for stopping by to read my debut guest post! I'm pretty stoked with how these burgers turned out. I hope if you readers like my post enough, maybe Erin will have me back for another post... maybe to share my fabulous Fettuccine Alfredo?!

This post has been linked up with Fusion Fridays over at Jennifer Cooks! Check it out for some weekly inspiration in the form of baking, cooking, crafts and other cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment