Yeah, thats right, I put Oreos and Reese's in the same delicious frozen dessert! Annndddd it was flippin amazing! I found this recipe over at Baker's Royale, made a couple slight changes and BAM - this was the grande finale to our Super Bowl party. It was a total hit. This dessert is one of the easiest and quickest desserts you'll ever make. You can put it together in under 1/2 an hour (that includes time to bake the crust) and then all you have to do it let it set up in the freezer for a couple of hours and you're set with a wayyyyyy better than storebought dessert to serve to your hungry peeps!
Did you notice I tried to give my pictures a little valentines day theme with the heart shaped chocolates?! Did you also notice that the hearts don't match this pie one little bit?! Well, I tried... I am working on this food styling thing, sooooo I'm not perfect, but at least I'm putting in some effort right?!
Alright, recipe time!
Frozen Reese's Peanut Butter & Oreo Pie
Recipe adapted from Baker's Royale
- 30 double stuff oreo cookies
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- For the crust: Place 24 of the oreos in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse until cookies are finely crumbled. Pour in the melted butter and mix until well combined. Press into 9" springform pan to form crust. Bake 350F 7-10 minutes.
- Place peanut butter, icing sugar and heavy cream in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until melted and smooth (stir carefully, because peanut butter will burn easily). Set mixture aside for 5-10 minutes to cool to room temperature. While mixture is cooling, whip the 2 1/2 cups of whipping cream. Then gently fold the peanut butter mixture into the whipped cream.
- Chop up the remaining 6 oreos and toss with the chopped Reese's. Gently fold through the peanut butter, whipped cream mixture. Pour mixture into oreo crust and freeze for 3 hours. Garnish with caramel and white chocolate drizzle.
This post has been linked up with Fusion Fridays over at Jennifer Cooks! Head on over to check out Jennifer's favorite submissions from last week and to check out what new goodies fellow bloggers are deaming up this week.
This post has also been linked up with Mouth Watering Mondays over at the Sweet Spot! Head over there ASAP to check out all the delicious creations fellow bloggers have come up with this week. :)
Happy Baking my Friends!