20.8.11

Coffee Beans

Its no secret, I like coffee, in fact I can't really function without it. Me minus coffee on any given day = grouchy, cranky, headachey etc. All in all, not fun! So I must have coffee... good coffee! I'm always checking out new types of coffee and the other day I stumbled across this delicious coffee put out by Level Ground Trading. I'm not really one to get sucked into all the fair trade, organic stuff, but after checking out their website, this company does some cool things and also does some great things for the people they buy their products from. So I thought I would share with you!


According to their webside, their mission is to "...trade fairly and directly with small-scale producers in developing countries, offering our customers ethical choices." So we've got a company thats going to source high quality, delicious products and pay their suppliers a fair price?! Awesome! Another cool thing about this company? They're based in Victoria, British Columbia! I won't go too crazy about their history, but you can check it out here if you're interested! These folks uphold some pretty high standards though, what with being certified organic, zero-waste, participatants in upcycling and green commuters I don't think you can get much more virtuous than that!!!


Level Ground sources delicious coffee from locations such as Peru, Columbia, Bolivia, Tanzania and Ethiopia. They also source dried fruit and sugar. They have been slowly building up their product base over time as they build relationships with the farmers who grow the products they source. One of the things that struck me was the fact that the bag of coffee said "We shake the hands that pick our beans". You can go on their website and look up detailed information about each individual farm that grows the products they source! To me this just shows what a great company this is - the fact that they can put relationships and fair trade above the ever pressing drive to make a quick buck. It pays off though - they've got some delicious, high-quality products that deserve to be shared. I would encourage you next time you buy coffee to check out a bag of Level Ground coffee to support a great company!




Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment