Any way, getting on with the story, I whip this up on a super busy weeknight and plop it on the table in front of my husband and he stops me before we dig in and says "aren't you going to photograph this? It looks like restaurant food". Of course I burst out laughing, but was secretly flattered that he thought dinner looked that good!! It honestly made my day. So, I took pictures and decided to share it with you because it is a delicious and easy healthy recipe that even the most discerning caesar salad lover will enjoy!
Skinny Chicken Caesar
Recipe adapted from Cook Yourself Thin
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- two handfuls of low fat croutons (I like the herb and garlic ones)
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- one recipe of caesar dressing (see below for recipe)
- Preheat your grill and grill the chicken breasts with a little salt and pepper, or any seasonings you like. Remove from grill and let rest until the rest of the salad is ready to go.
- Wash the lettuce and dry. Chop or tear the lettuce leaves into bite size pieces.
- Carefully drop eggs into boiling water for 4 minutes exactly (for a runny center, for a soft, but not runny center, cook more like 6 minutes). Remove from boiling water and immediately immerse in cold water. Leave in cold water until the rest of the salad is ready.
- Place the lettuce leaves in the bowl you mixed up the dressing in and toss together to coat. Add the parmesan and toss again.
- Divide the coated lettuce among your serving plates. Slice the chicken and place on top of the lettuce. Sprinkle with croutons and a little extra parmesan if desired. Slice the egg in half and place on the plate as well. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Recipe from Cook yourself Thin
- 2 tbsp fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp malt vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all dressing ingredients in the bowl you will toss your salad in. Whisk together until emulsified and creamy.
Happy Cooking my Friends!