This is a great recipe - simple, delicious and quick to make! I found it in the Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book years ago. It is my go-to recipe. I do have other recipes that I like too, but I've made this one so many times I pretty well have it memorized! I hope you enjoy it as much as we always do.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I only use 1 - 1 1/2 cups)
- Stir flour, soda and salt together. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add both sugars and beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, mixing until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes. Be sure not to over cook them!