So do try these pecans! You can eat them as is or you can top salads with them or really just do whatever strikes your fancy. But be warned - make the recipe and share it... you won't want to share, but you should. Nuts pack a whole lot of calories & fat grams per serving, so be sure to make yourself share... your waistline (and your husband/ boyfriend) will thank you!
The Addictive Rosemary Pecans
Recipe from the Girl Can't Cook by Cinda Chavich
- 3 cups whole pecans (I mix it up - last time I did a mix of cashews and pecans)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt (I like kosher)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place pecans on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and toast for 5-10 minutes. The nuts should be hot and fragrant, but watch them carefully so they don't burn.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the olive oil, cayenne pepper, salt and brown sugar, mixing it well to form a slurry. Stir in the rosemary. Pour the hot, toasted nuts into the bowl and toss with the seasoning mix for several minutes, until all the nuts are coated and cooled. Makes about 2 cups.
Oh yeah, did I mention how easy this recipe is? Put the nuts in some pretty glasses (you could use martini glasses or something cute like that) and strategically place on your coffee table when you have guests over. One handful of these and they will be hooked!
Happy Cooking my Friends!