These cookies are really delicious with the addition of some instant coffee powder. It just gives them this unique flavour and makes them really stand out above other chocolate chip cookie recipes. They're super easy to whip up, just be sure you don't over cook them. Cookies are always best when they're still nice and soft in the middle and just cooked through.
Neiman Marcus Cookies
Recipe from 500 Cookies by Philippa Vanstone
- 1/2 cup sweet butter (I used salted)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp instant coffee powder
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Beat the butter and sugar together, and add the egg and vanilla. Sift together the remaining dry ingredients, including the coffee powder. Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix in chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls. Use your finger to flatten onto a non-stick baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool for five minutes.
- Store in an airtight container for 4-5 days. Makes 2 dozen cookies.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and it's wonderful simplicity. It is a wonderful recipe and I guarantee you'll be asked for the recipe many times by any of your friends lucky enough to taste these cookies.
I'm going to head off and try to enjoy some of the sunshine we're finally getting here in Vancouver! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday afternoon.
Happy Baking my Friends!