For best results on this recipe, use a high quality curry powder that packs a bit of spice to it. I used some fabulous curry powder given to me by a wonderful woman who toasts and grinds her own amazing spice blends! It really does make all the difference to use good quality curry powder though - it actually smells and tastes different than the stuff you buy in the grocery store.
- 1 - 2.2lb wheel of double creme brie
- 2 tsp good quality curry powder
- 1 - 12oz jar mango chutney
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1 french baguette, sliced
- assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sprinkle curry powder over top and sides of brie and massage into rind to thoroughly coat the cheese. Place brie wheel in a large pie plate or other oven-proof dish. Spread a generous layer of chutney on top of the cheese wheel. Evenly sprinkle with cashews.
- Bake 15 minutes in preheated oven, or until cashews are golden brown and cheese is melty. Serve with baguette slices and crackers.
I hope this recipe inspires you to try something new for your Christmas menu this year! Your guests will enjoy it and you will love that this appetizer doesn't take hours in the kitchen or oodles of patience - it is not a finicky recipe (because who has time for that at Christmas-time right?!).