22.12.10

On the Eighth Day of Christmas... Easy Oreo Truffles!

Alright, get ready for a show stopper recipe! These Oreo truffles look beautiful and they look impressive. People will think they took you a long time to make, when in reality they require minimal effort. The most difficult part of making them is dipping them in the chocolate and making sure they're evenly coated.

I brought a bunch to work for my co-workers to try today and the verdict was good! They eagerly devoured them and I received many compliments on the truffles. I also received many comments regarding how much time I must have spent in the kitchen to whip up all these beautiful baked goods. I'm not going to lie - they take a lot less time than you would think!


Easy Oreo Truffles
Recipe from Kraft Canada.ca

Ingredients:

  • 1 pkg cream cheese, softened
  • 1 pkg oreo cookies
  • 16 oz semi sweet chocolate
  • more oreo crumbs for sprinkling

Method:

  1. Get out your food processor! It is going to save you lots of time and effort. Throw the whole package of oreos into the processor and whirl until you have coarse crumbs. Toss in the cream cheese and whirl until just combined.
  2. Shape into 48 1-inch balls. Put the balls into the fridge for about 1/2 an hour to firm up (you don't have to do this, but it makes dipping them a lot easier and they will come out looking nicer).
  3. Melt the chocolate. Dip balls in chocolate, tossing to coat. Place on waxed paper covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining oreo crumbs. Chill 1 hour or until firm. Store in tightly covered container in the fridge.

Thats it! Kraft is so great for providing quick and delicious recipes. I think this is one of my favorite recipes I've tried off their website. And with so few ingredients, whats not to love? Add these to your goodie list this Holiday Season and enjoy a little decadence.

Happy Baking my Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment