The recipe has been slightly adapted by me and the adapted version is as follows:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sween chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease two cookie sheets.
- Combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon (if using) in medium bowl.
- In large blwl, beat butter and sugar until creamy (approx 2-4 minutes). Mix in egg, milk & vanilla. Blend in flour mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate chips with wooden spoon to form stiff dough.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are firm to the touch and golden brown around the edges. Cool cookies for 2 minutes on tray, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! Here is a picture of the finished product: