15.6.12

What I've been up to this week

Happy Friday peeps! You may have noticed I've been more absent than usual the past week. Well, that's cuz I've been working on something super special that is wayyyyy out of my comfort zone - I made and decorated a cake for my friend's hubby's 40th birthday!! Here's some pics for those of you who don't follow my Facebook page. Recipes to follow next week!!

The cake is a decadent chocolate buttermilk cake - 3 layers of it filled with an Oreo cream filling. Frosted with chocolate buttermilk frosting. Cake decorations (except the guitar picks) made from white chocolate.


Cake with crumb coat



Another view of crumb coat




Guitar made out of white chocolate

Finished cake! Not perfect, but I'm pleased with how it turned out :)


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! The cake looks beautiful I'm sure Vic will be pleased!

    ReplyDelete