Remember last week when I shared that recipe for Balsamic Pulled Pork with you? And remember those yummy looking potato rolls I served them on? Well I'm here to share the recipe for those potato rolls today!
These rolls are super easy to throw together and use pretty basic ingredients. Perfect recipe for a beginner bread baker because you can't really mess them up. :)
Recipe from Mennonite Girls Can Cook
- 2 cups very warm water
- 1/4 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 1/2 - 6 cups flour
- 2 tbsp instant yeast
- Stir together the water, potato flakes, sugar and salt.
- Add eggs and butter, then yeast mixed with 3 cups flour. Beat with mixer on high speed.
- Add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough can be easily handled. Knead well (I did this in my stand mixer with a dough hook, but you can knead by hand if you so desire!!).
- Place in a greased, covered bowl in the fridge to rest for 2 hours (or overnight).
- Pinch 2-3 inch balls off the main piece of dough and form into round roll shapes. Place on parchment paper lined baking tray. Let rise until doubled in size, at least 1 hour.
- Bake at 375F for 12 - 15 minutes (buns are done when they sound hollow when you tap on them).
Hope you're enjoying your weekend so far! I'm stuck in a course all weekend :( Booo!! But next weekend I'm excited to head over to Alberta for my good friend's wedding. Can't wait!!
Happy Baking my Friends!