Recipe adapted from Everyday Favorites by Canadian Living
- 1 cup plain, fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated baby cucumber (about 1 baby cuke)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh mint, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 greek pitas
- shredded lettuce
- cherry tomatoes, quartered
- thin slices of red onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup garlic and herb croutons, whirled in the food processor until finely ground
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk egg. Whisk in the crouton crumbs, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix in beef. Roll into 1 tbsp balls - makes approximately 24 meatballs). Place on a prepared pan. Bake in 450F oven for approximately 18 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, garlic, mint, dill, salt and pepper. Spread pitas with a layer of hummus. Then spread a layer of the yogurt mixture over pitas. Sprinkle with lettuce. Divide tomatoes, onion, then meatballs. Fold each pita in half to eat. Enjoy! Serves 4.
Fusion Fridays Link Party over at Jennifer Cooks. Head on over and check out what other fabulous dishes the blogosphere has whipped up this week.
Happy Cooking my Friends!