14.11.11

Lovely's Asian Style Risotto

 I LOVE risotto, but I've never really been brave enough to make it at home. Until now! My friend D shared this recipe with me and raved about it so much that I just had to give it a try. Now, I have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with this recipe (and any risotto for that matter), so I'm going to share this recipe with you and hope you get hooked too.

I've forgotten what cookbook this recipe is from, so if you are able to let me know and I will be sure to update the source to give credit where credit is due. In the mean time, I am going to share this recipe with you so you can get started on your own risotto craze.

Lovely's Asian Style Risotto with Chili Garlic Drizzle
Recipe adapted from unknown source

Chili-Garlic Drizzle Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 jalepeno, finely chopped and seeded
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 4 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp sugar
Method:
  1. Heat the sesame oil in a small pan and saute chili pepper and garlic until fragrant. Remove from heat and add the soy, vinegar and sugar. Set aside.

Risotto Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 cup onions, chopped
  • 100 grams pancetta, diced
  • 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 cup arborio rice
  • 1 cup white wine
  • 3 cups hot chicken stock (more or less)
  • 3 tbsp butter
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
  • 1 cup fresh spinach, loosly chopped
  • 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Method:
  1. In a large pot, saute onions in olive oil until softened. Add the pancetta and mushrooms and saute until lightly browned. Add the rice and keep stirring until golden.
  2. Add wine and keep simmering and stirring adding the hot stock 1/2 cup at a time until risotto is creamy and cooked al dente. Stir in butter.
  3. When you are ready to serve, add fresh cilantro, spinach, parmesan and mix together lightly. The spinach should be just wilted. Spoon your reserved chili-garlic drizzle over the plated risotto and serve sprinkled with more parmesan and cilantro.
Enjoy! This one is soooooo delicious. Plus, the chili garlic drizzle is good on pretty much anything, so give it a try. :)

Happy Cooking my Friends!

3 comments:

  1. I am so making this! (Share your obsession with risotto :)Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! I love the chili garlic drizzle - it really makes this one special. Hope you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is from the Whitewater cookbook. It's very very good, though a cup of Parmesan makes it almost too rich and cheesy.

    ReplyDelete