Spicy Sausage and Mushroom Pizza. I adapted the recipe slightly, but it was fantastic! I am hooked on her blog and I love how she provides great feedback on all the recipes she tries... very helpful!
Recipe adapted from Taking On Magazines
- 1 lb refrigerated fresh pizza dough (I made my own because I've had a couple very bad experiences with store-bought dough... but feel free to purchase if you don't have time to whip up a batch!)
- 4 oz hot italian sausage
- 1/2 cup carmelized onions\
- 8-oz pre-sliced white mushrooms
- 1 tbsp yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (store bought is fine, but I made my own in my food procesor)
- 1/2 cup mozza, grated
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano, shredded
- Place pizza stone in cold oven and preheat to 400F.
- Place dough in a bowl and coat lightly with oil or cooking spray. Let stand covered for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick skilled over medium-high heat. Remove casings from sausage and add sausage to pan. Cook 3 minutes stirring to crumble. Add mushrooms and saute 6 minutes.
- Remove heated pizza stone from oven and sprinkle with cornmeal. Roll dough into a 12 inch cirle and place on prepared pizza stone (careful, it will be super hot). Spread sauce over dough leaving 1/2 inch border. Top with sausage mixture and carmelized onions. Sprinkle with cheeses and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
Pretty easy and delicious!! Thanks Christiane for sharing such a delicious recipe. And thanks to Group C's wonderful hostess - Angie. She puts in a lot of hard work and we all appreciate it.
Happy Cooking my Friends!