Santa Fe Chicken Salad
Recipe adapted from Mennonite Girls Can Cook
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- chili powder &/or cajun seasoning
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 - 14 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 2 avocados, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Peanut Lime Vinaigrette Dressing (recipe follows)
- Prepare the salad dressing (recipe and instructions follow).
- Prepare the salad ingredients in separate containers.
- Rub chicken breasts liberally with the chili powder and/ or the cajun seasoning until well coated. Grill chicken until cooked through. Let chicken breasts rest before slicing while you plate the salad.
- Assemble the salad ingredients on plates - start with a bed of greens, sprinkle with beans, corn, avocado, feta, sliced chicken and garnish with a sprinkle of chopped toasted peanuts.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Peanut Lime Vinaigrette Dressing
Recipe Adapted from Mennonite Girls Can Cook
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- Using a blender, mix lime juice, olive oil, peanut butter, and mustard. Blend until emulsified. Stir in lime zest and finely chopped peanuts. Use as directed in Santa Fe Chicken Salad recipe (above).
This salad is pretty easy to whip together. Make your hubby BBQ the chicken while you prepare the rest of the ingredients and you'll have dinner on the table in no time (thats why I did!). Hope you've been having a fantastic weekend. I sure have - we have had some beautiful summer weather, I did some shopping for my upcoming vacation, and did a little celebrating at finishing a big exam on Friday afternoon. :)
Happy Cooking my Friends!