- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- Combine butter, chocolate and cocoa powder in a microwave safe dish. Using 30 second increments, microwave until melted. Stir well until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in a small bowl.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat eggs until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla and beat well until fully incorporated. Beat in cooled chocolate mixture until well combined. Stir in one third of flour mixture until just combined, then beat in sour cream. Add the remaining flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Do not overmix or you will have tough cupcakes!
- Divide batter evenly among baking cups. Bake 18 minutes in preheated oven until toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.
- Cool cupcakes completely, then frost with peanut butter frosting (recipe below).
Recipe from A Little Nosh (October 2010)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Beat together icing sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla and kosher salt until well combined.
- Beat in heavy cream until icing is smooth.
- Pipe liberally onto cupcakes however you like!
- Try not to eat the whole batch of cupcakes.
Thanks Amanda for hosting the Secret Recipe Club again this month, and thank you to Amy at A Little Nosh for introducing me to such a lovely recipe!
If you want to join the Secret Recipe Club, check out the website here.
Happy Baking my Friends!