Hi Friends! Its time for Secret Recipe Club's Group C reveal again and you know what that means - I get to try out a new recipe from a new blog! This month I was assigned Erin's blog (yep, we have the same name) Making Memories with your Kids. I decided to make her Chocolate Pastel Mint cookies, but I didn't have mint chips, so I substituted peanut butter chips on top, plus I added some to the dough as well (because you can never have enough PB chips right?!). The cookies were a huge hit with my family!
Lets get right down to business, here's my version of the recipe (the only changes I made were to use PB chips instead and add some to the dough as well.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Recipe minimally adapted from Making Memories with your Kids
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips + extra for topping the cookies with
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda & baking powder. Mix until just combined. Add in peanut butter chips until just combined.
- Roll cookies into 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until just set (don't over cook them or they will be dry). Remove from oven and immediately top with 5-6 more peanut butter chips, pressing into the soft cookies slightly.
Thats it! Easy to make, basic ingredients and only dirties one bowl! Whats not to like? Thanks Erin for a fantastic recipe. :)