2.4.12

Savory Oatmeal Cookies


I have a confession to make... I'm pretty obsessed with Pinterest. I may have disclosed this at some point in the past couple of months, but seriously, this obsession has gotten worse (yes, I'm aware gotten isn't proper english and this is my caring face heehee). Any way, seriously, I check out Pinterest first thing when I wake up in the morning, at lunch time in the office, and of course lying in bed at night before I go to sleep. Now that I have the Pinterest app on my phone... well, my obsession has intensified. On one of my many Pinterest binges, I came across these amazing looking savory oatmeal cookies. And this weekend I finally got around to making them. I made some minor changes to the recipe, and the result was glorious!!

Savory Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe very slightly adapted from the Kitchn.com

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup steel cut oats
  • 1/4 cup warm water
  • 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
  • 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
  • kosher salt for sprinkling
  • Roasted garlic goat cheese
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line large baking tray with parchment paper.
  2. Place oats in a large bowl and sprinkle with warm water. In a smaller bowl, combine the olive oil, honey, and egg until well mixed. Pour mixture over the oats and stir to combine. Set mixture aside.
  3. In another mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, rosemary and black pepper. Whisk until well incorporated. Then gently stir in the parmesan cheese. Add the flour mixture to the oat mixture and stir until blended (try not to overmix).
  4. Scoop onto prepared baking tray (I did about 1/8 cup portions or the size of an ice cream scoop). Flatten slightly then sprinkle with kosher salt.
  5. Bake 18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
  6. Once cookies are cooled, serve spread with roasted garlic goat cheese.


Yep, they're pretty easy and use very basic ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry and fridge. These are a great snack or starter to a yummy dinner and pair really well with white wine. If you have a chance, head over to the Kitchn to check out other delicious recipes and some great tips.
This post has been linked up with the recipe party over at the Sweet Spot! Head over and check out all the amazing Easter Goodies that have been linked up with the party. :)

Happy Baking my Friends!!

2 comments:

  1. I've only ever had sweet oatmeal cookies but savory ones? Hmm...now you have me obsessing about them! Lol on your Pinterest story, I was like that once but somehow it all died off and I now have a new obsession - Instagram!

    Btw, thanks for your kind comments. Yes, the ice cream really helped :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I also LOVE instagram, but not quite as obsessed with it as Pinterest. :D

      Delete