This past weekend I had the honour of hosting a baby shower for my sister's first baby! As you can imagine, I wanted the shower to be something super special and something that everyone would enjoy. The pictures below chronicled some of the decorations, table layouts, and menu items that were part of the shower. The theme was classic Winnie the Pooh! Hope you enjoy!
|Hundred Acre Wood Acorns
- Clouds made from white cardstock (large size) - hung from the ceiling around the gift/ refreshment table with fishing wire
- Welcome banner made from cardstock, hung from twine (purchased from Michaels)
- Silly Old Bear banner for front of food table (cardstock, hung from twine with wooden clothes pins)
- Simple flower arrangements for the tables
- Burlap table cloth (burlap purchased from local fabric store)
- Framed pictures of the new baby and his family
- Beehive drink dispenser (Homesense for $24)
- Mason jar drinking glasses with yellow and grey striped straws
- Hundred acre wood acorns
- Tigger tails
- Piglets in blankets
- Hunny Vanilla Beehive Cupcakes
- Hunny roasted nuts
- Rabbits garden with hummus & onion dip
- Strawberry & Hunny Lemonade
- Various tea sandwiches (cucumber, egg salad, cherry-cream cheese pinwheels)
Inspiration for the menu and decorations came mainly from this lovely blog: Handmade by Meg
|Hunny Vanilla Beehive Cupcakes
How to make Tigger Tails: Take pretzel sticks (I couldn't find full size, so I used some half size pretzels I found at Super Store). Dip in melted orange wafers. Let set. Then drizzle "stripes" with melted semi-sweet chocolate chips mixed with 1 tbsp. shortening.
Piglets in blankets were simply hot dogs cut up into quarters and wrapped with pilsbury pastry then baked in the oven til browned.
- 1 lb strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
- 2 lemons, washed and quartered
- 3/4 cup honey
- 6 cups water
Thanks for stopping by! Check later this weekend for the cupcake recipe! They were absolutely delicious! :)
Have a great weekend my friends!