11.4.12

Baked Brie & Pear Feuilletés

I have to apologize... my photos in my next couple of posts are going to leave something to be desired. They are from my Easter dinner and I did not get time to snap many photos... just what I could sneak in with my iPhone while serving my family. So, take it from me - even if my photos aren't beautiful, the recipes are delightful. So read on my friends!

If you're ever in need of a quick, but impressive appetizer, make this yummy Baked Brie & Pear Feuilletes (feuilletes is a french term for any appetizer served on puff pastry in case you're wondering). It tastes amazing and comes together really quickly. Assemble and bake when your guests arrive and they will definitely be impressed. 


Are you ready? Here's how easy this is:

Baked Brie & Pear Feuilletes
Recipe adapted from ziplist.com

Ingredients:
  • two sheets puff pastry, thawed
  • 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup pecan halves
  • 4 oz brie (with rind on)
  • freshly ground black pepper
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
  2. Roll out the first sheet of puff pastry then place on the baking tray. Repeat with the second piece (should be about 1/4 inch thick). Sprinkle with half the brie, then arrange the pear slices artfully on top. Sprinkle with the pecans and then the remainder of the brie. Top with a bit of fresh ground pepper.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until the puff pastry is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 15-20 minutes.
Yep, thats it. While your guests are enjoying their first glass of wine, your house will be smelling heavenly while this divine appy bakes up.

Give it a try. Your guests will thank you. :)

This post has been linked up with the Recipe Party over at the Sweet Spot. Head on over to see what other bloggers baked up this week. :)
Happy Baking my Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment