3.3.12

Soft, Chewy Black & White Chip Cookies


Howdy peeps! Hows your weekend going so far? I worked this morning then ran around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get everything done before my two week trip for work... I leave tomorrow. Right now I've got the hockey game on in the background, watching my Canucks get their butts kicked (common theme this year I know) and on one of the commercial breaks, I watched a beer commercial that said "There's an art to everything..." and thats so true isn't it? As with other things, making perfect chocolate chip cookies is also an art. Its hard to find that "perfect" recipe and works out every time, but I think this recipe is one of the best I've ever tried. They've got a secret ingredient - cornstarch!! The cornstarch keeps them soft and fluffy and gives them a really silky texture in your mouth. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.


Soft, Chewy Black & White Chip Cookies
Recipe minimally adapted from Anna Olson's Back to Baking

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 4 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
  2. Cream the butter with the sugars together until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
  3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together with a whisk until evenly blended.
  4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until evenly blended. Stir in white and dark chocolate chips.
  5. Using a medium cookie scoop, drop scoops of cookie dough onto the prepared trays, leaving about 1 1/2 inches between the cookies.
  6. Bake for 12 minutes, until the cookies are just golden around the edges and don't look quite done in the middle. Let cookies cool on tray for 5 minutes then remove to a rack to transfer completely.

So easy and delicious! Hope you enjoy these.

Note that I won't be around much the next couple of weeks, but I will try to get a couple posts up while I'm gone... maybe a couple restaurant reviews?!

Happy Baking my Friends!

1 comment:

  1. These really sound delicious and combining the two chocolates is a wonderful idea. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary.

    ReplyDelete