20.6.10

Easy Appetizer

I have a few items kicking around my kitchen that I picked up on a recent trip to a Fraser Valley winery called Vista D’oro Farms. They make some awesome artisanal spreads and preserves in their on-site kitchen along with lots of other yummy goodies! I purchased a jar of Turkish Fig with Walnut Wine preserves. SO GOOD! But there was quite a lot of it and I wasn’t sure what to do with the rest...

So I came up with the brilliant idea to make a little appetizer with it. I took some poppy & sesame crackers, one log of cracked pepper goat cheese and combined them with the preserves to make a pretty and easy appy. I think I may try this a few different ways in the future including first topping the cracker with the goat cheese and broiling til warm and then topping with the preserves. I am also tossing around the idea of doing the broiling thing but instead of using crackers using a fresh baguette! It would also be lovely to whip the goat cheese with the preserves and top the crackers or baguettes with the mixture and garnish with some pretty cilantro. If you think of any other ideas, let me know! Here are pictures of making the appy:





Hope you enjoyed these as much as I did! Check out the Vista D'oro website - they have some new wines being released in the next couple of weeks - they will definitely be worth the wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment