9.6.13

Honey Roasted Carrots & Zucchini


This weekend has been a marathon of cooking and baking for my hubby's birthday party. Part of the menu was honey roasted carrots and zucchini. I wasn't going to blog these, but when I posted a picture on instagram, I received so many requests for the recipe, that I am posting now!

I don't have much to say about these other than that they are easy, taste delicious and are super healthy (as long as you keep the amount of oil at a reasonable amount). They're the perfect summer veggie to accompany your meal.

Honey Roasted Carrot and Zucchini
Minimally adapted from Meals in Heels

Ingredients:
  • 6 carrots, cut into 3/4 inch batons
  • 4 zucchini - I used 1 zucchini, 2 grey zucchini and one yellow zucchini, cut into 3/4 inch batons
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tbsp. honey
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • 2 tsp mustard seeds
  • salt and pepper to taste
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 400F. Place carrot and zucchini in a bowl and toss with oil and honey. Sprinkle over the cumin and mustard seeds and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until golden and tender.
Pretty simple and very delicious! Hope you enjoy these as much as we did. The cumin and mustard seeds really take this recipe up a notch!


Happy Cooking my Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, um I was wondering how much does your ingredients serve should I add more if im cooking for 7 people? Lovely reciple btw keep it up!<3

    ReplyDelete