5.5.11

Smoked Salmon Canapes

So, I just have to say - dry smoked salmon is where its at! So delicious. If you haven't tried it, now is the time. I can't stop eating it whenever we buy it, so you can imagine how excited I was to find this recipe by chef Michael Smith in his Chef at Home cookbook. I changed the recipe quite a bit, but his was my inspiration.

Try this recipe out this weekend if you're having company over. You can whip it up in no time so you can spend more time with your guests rather than in the kitchen. Unless of course they're not your favorite guests, in which case, find a more time consuming appetizer to make!! ;)


Smoked Salmon Canapes

Recipe adapted from Chef at Home


Ingredients:


  • a couple pieces of dry smoked pepper salmon (or whatever flavour you can find)

  • 1/2 cup softened cream cheese

  • 1 tbsp mustard

  • some chives finely chopped

  • fresh dill, finely chopped

  • crackers

Method:



  1. Mix together cream cheese, mustard, chives, dill. Place mixture into a piping bag. Pipe blobs onto your crackers and top with a small slice of the smoked salmon. Garnish with more dill or chives if desired.

  2. Be prepared to make a lot of these because your guests will eagerly gobble them up.

Pretty easy huh? I told you so! I hope you enjoy this recipe and get to give it a try this weekend.


Happy Cooking my Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Well . . . they look pretty. I guess because I wasn't raised on fish, and only recently started eating salmon, I have a hard time with it. Especially smoked - something about the flavor. Actually, anything except for smoked ham is pretty icky in my book. I don't even like smoked gouda. Maybe I'll have to give smoked salmon another try.

    ReplyDelete